Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Swordfish Collar

Regular patrons to Fish & Co. would probably recognize this dish from its menu and today I tried it. 2 reasons for choosing this dish, firstly the standard of fish and chips has dropped and secondly it looks delicious from the picture on the menu. When it finally came, I was stunned by the sheer size of it. The portion is really huge with 3 big pieces of what I supposed is the swordfish collar, a nice helping of boiled carrots and celery(I think) plus a choice of chips or rice(I chose chips). Though a significant part of the 3 big pieces of fish collar is bone but the amount of fish is really quite significant. Maybe its due to the calamari we had before the main courses came, I actually barely finished 2/3 of the fish collar, erwin helped me with the 3rd piece. Price wise it was only $1 more than the fish and chips so really quite worth it.

One thing I prefer road traffic than human traffic is the fact that many people(esp girls) take their own sweet time, strolling. Now, using the same principle on road traffic, we can consider that as serious road hogging. You can stroll, crawl or wadever all you want at home I don't care, but at least be considerate to the people walking behind you who might be in an hurry and there you are strolling, taking your time blocking others. Slow pace movement in congested areas in high temp Singapore just should not be tolerated. To me it just gives the impression that you're walking aimlessly, much like a zombie which really frustrates me, so pls dun do it if i'm around. The other thing is that there's no 'lanes' on a walkway. For some with their large group of frens, they may hogged up the entire pavement walking in the same direction, blocking those walking in opp direction and those in same direction(if they're slow like case 1). Again basic courtesy and consideration to others would prevent such incidents from happening, there's just no basic rules like on road traffic. I feel maybe we should if we can't instil such basic courtesy and consideration to others on people.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?