Monday, December 31, 2007

Berkelah Falls

I must say my trip to Berkelah waterfalls in Kuantan Malaysia has only one word to describe it : Treacherous. It probably due to the fact that no guides follow us as compared to the Ophir trip. The trip is mostly led by yr 1s com members of the NUS rovers and they lead by memory which resulting in a few backtracks along the way. Some part of the trek was so dangerous that one fall will land you into the rapid with little chance of surviving. Generally I would say its an accident waiting to happen. At one point a snake fell onto the feet of the girl in front of me after I led her through, meaning it should have fallen onto me(heng ar!). The snake quickly slithered away as I pointed it out, leaving no chance for the rest to see it fortunately since the girl might freak out and fall into the rapid below. Pretty enjoyable as whole as being experienced from the Ophir trip made this one well-prepared in terms of food and everything else. There was pasta, fried eggs(with salt n pepper), sausages and soup for the meals. Having donuts for the mobile lunch beats biscuits during the Ophir trip.

This is just outside JB checkpoint
The small waterfall
The big one(top)
The big one(bottom)

The entrance to Berkelah Falls

0 comments: