Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Spending Spree

I guess today must have been the day I spent the most, not considering paying for overseas trips which definitely cost a lot. Went to Brewerkz for lunch with Eugene today, my first time there. Ambiance wise is pretty good, eugene said its interiors is similar to Hard Rock(another place I haven't been to) but I must say its really pretty big. (photos will be posted after I upload them into my com) Split into outdoor (non air-con, by the river) and indoors (air-con, no smoking) the whole place is very suitable for those wanting to chill out and chit chat(preferably over beer). Eugene had BBQ'ed Combo which includes chicken breast, 1/4 rack of ribs, a small serving of salad(in a small bowl) and a choice of potato(fries/mashed/baked). I had Sausage Mash - 2 sausages from a choice of Brewerkz Beer Bratwurst, Spicy Italian or Garlic(I chose the first 2), with 2 servings of mashed potatoes from real potatoes and some onions in vinegar, stewed maybe sautéed. We shared a pint size(500ml) fruit brew (today was raspberry) which was ridiculously cheap at 5.99(before 3pm). A jug cost 11.99 before 3pm for all beer. I think the BBQ combo was pretty good since fussy eugene finished everything, my sausage mash was good too, pretty filling as well. Beer was so-so, maybe becoz its raspberry(read sour) so its not that sweet. I would have ordered burgers if not for eugene's constant persuasion not to, saw them on the next table after that, which looks really good, serving was quite generous as well. Its Salad noodles looks very generous in serving as well, the big salad bowl filled to the brim. Looks good, shall try that next. Service was prompt with only the price for the food not so nice, our total bill was about $56, though it should have been more judging from the menu, maybe its 10% for lunch or something. Good impression overall, suitable for those chilling out (preferably before 3pm) with thick wallets.

Walked to Raffles City, shopped around but no purchases, head over to Suntec. I bought a belt at Roots which was at 50% storewide, for those who have no idea where Roots is, its within the small side atrium accessible from GAP. Wanted to buy a jeans from GAP but the queue was too long and moving way too slow. Bought a pair of berms from L.P zone and 6 donuts from Donut Factory. The donut fad is fading away...

New pair of shoes from Prima Vera @ Marina Sq since my present one is a little worn out at the soles. Played sales assistant for fussy eugene at United Colours of Benetton taking all sorts of sizes for him. Big sales there, he bought 2 shirts at $56. Now we had plans for dinner at Bedok 85 but the sales assistant at Prima Vera told us we could get a $10 MS voucher if we chalk up $150 worth of purchase in UOB card. So we were a few dollars away and decided to have dinner at MS instead. Dinner at my favourite Imperial Treasure for fried rice and Xiao Long Bao which cost $32 in total for 2 of us. After my second try at Imperial Treasure, I've come to the conclusion of my own personal Xiao Long Bao ranking.

1. Imperial Treasure : Thin skin with tasty filling filled with generous amt of soup in it
1. Ding Tai Feng : Pretty much the same as Imperial Treasure one
3. Hilltop HK Cafe(Tampines CC) : Loses out on its relatively thicker skin
4. Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao(Holland V) : Smaller in size with hardly any soup in it

For those who aren't fans of Xiao Long Bao can try my next favourite dim sum - the wantons in chilli sauce which I've blogged before - here. Sheila and gang (core alliance would be wad sheila calls it) have tried it at Crystal Jade, really quite nice but a different in style from Xiao Long Bao.

So after chalking up more than $150 in bills on my UOB campus card, the counter told me the voucher is not applicable for debit cards but i'm still entitled to the lucky draw. Before I go, Merry Christmas everyone, Frohe Weihnachten! Auf Wiedersehen

0 comments: