Thursday, May 31, 2007

Food.... again?

Many ppl have said that I've keen interest in food cos i either tok to them abt food or i always write abt food on this blog. Some attribute it to the fact that mi dad was a chef, mi guess is tat its a coincidence but who knows. For those who have been reading Sunday Times, u'll know that on the last page of Lifestyle is always an interview with some renown ppl on food and they'll ask this qn,

'What will your last meal be?'

Today i shall answer this question too. My last meal shall be a nice bowl of my mom's minced pork porridge with a dash of pepper, dark soy sauce topped with canned braised peanuts and pickled vegetables(optional). I remember i used to really hate this dish, prob it was becoz i haven realise the best combination is with dark soy sauce, pepper and braised peanuts, now i can even eat one big bowl for lunch.

A simple meal is more than enuff to satisfy me before leave this world but before that happens won't it be great to sample some of the great food Man has come up with? No other species on this planet eat like we do isn't it. I certainly dun see lions cutting dears into small bite size meat and dip it in chili sauce and i feel all these has only got to do with Man mastering the use of fire. Some of my frens dun have such an adventure in food like i do, whenever i suggest trying somewhere new, some would say things like 'nice meh?', 'confirm nice not?' or 'I prefer this leh'. We shld be more adventurous in trying out the diff kinds of food, who knows u may like it but u surely would not unless u tried it. I do agree that the price is one factor most ppl take into account but there's always other cheaper alternatives worth trying out too.

So what would your last meal be?

0 comments: