Friday, July 10, 2009

Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

I believe many have watched it, so have I despite being in Munich and paying double the price than I would have in Singapore. Without a doubt the action-packed movie would appeal to many Transformers fans who have watched it on TV when it was still a cartoon back in the early 1990s. New fans would probably be satisfied with a decent enough sequel to the first flick. However as I was riding my bicycle to school(the 40km route B was boring enough) the day after I watched it, it dawned on me that there are more loopholes in the story than I realised.

1. The All Spark mystery
Since the Sun harvester was built on Earth in 17,000BC, way before the All Spark arrived on Earth as shown in Transformers 1, why would the All Spark know of the location of the Matrix of Leadership?

2. More All Spark mystery
The All Spark splinter was supposed to reveal where the Matrix of Leadership was but instead all their information were provided by Wheelie (the decepticon that hump on Meagan Fox), Simmons (the sector 7 agent) and Jet Fire. You could say that Jetfire translated the symbols Sam carved but see mystery 1. The All Spark did nothing else after that.

3. Megatron
If my memory does not fail me, I remembered that Megatron was thrown into the deep ocean after being destroyed in Transformers 1 due to its high pressure and ultra-low temperature which are able to prevent any other Cybertronian robots from reaching them. Then how did they revive Megatron if they are supposed to be deactivated upon reaching the depths? Global warming?

4. The Primes
The Fallen mentioned that only a Prime could destroy him. If all it took was Optimus Prime alone to defeat The Fallen in less than 10mins, it would not make sense that the 3 Primes who hid the Matrix of Leadership would be inadequate the defeat him.


That said its still one hell of a show.

0 comments: