Monday, July 20, 2009

Speaking deutsch

After staying in Deutschland(Germany) for 4 months, I do not think my deutsch has improved very much. Though I am now more able to keep with their pace and different accent but my vocabulary remains largely inadequate. Certain more commonly used phrases do come out of my mouth more naturally but due to the lack of conversing in the language my level of deutsch remains fairly constant.

Most of the time I understand others through inference. The german language is vastly different in structure compared to English where the main points of the sentence exists at the start and the end while the details (if any) are found in the middle. Thus most of the time I only pay attention to the main points and infer what they are talking about rather than fully understand the entire context of the sentence. Unless of course the words in their entire sentence can be found in my vocabulary library.

Sounds so much like Knowledge-Based Engineering Systems that I am reading right now.

0 comments: