Sunday, May 31, 2009

Another interesting incident

There is this new guy who came into our house 2 weeks ago, while interning in Munich. Last week he tried to bake those frozen pizza from the supermart without turning on the oven.

1) It cannot be fully his fault as you need to turn 2 knobs to turn the oven on.
2) However he failed to realise that the oven was not on after tens of minutes, all the while looking at a still frozen pizza and an oven not heated up.
3) When the oven was finally heated up thanks to my intervention, he had wanted to start eating the pizza while the cheese on top of the pizza had yet to melt = uncooked pizza.

A few days ago, he pulled another stunt. Approaching me for help after he failed to open the washing machine. I too failed to open the washing machine and suspected something was amiss. I realised that the washing machine was still filled with water, meaning it has yet to finish the entire procedure before someone switched it off. So I asked...

CX: There's still water inside, did you switch it off before it was done?

New guy: Yeah, I did.

CX: Then I guess you have to re-run the wash again and wait until its done.

New guy: I need to wash again??

CX: Yes, because its not done washing. What mode did you choose just now?

New guy: This one (the timer showed - 0:48), 48 seconds.

CX: 48 seconds?!? (Even hand wash cannot attain such speed!), Its 48 mins!

New guy: 48 MINUTES!?! It needs so long??

CX: (stares at him blankly)

New guy: Is there a faster one?

CX: Quick wash, 28 minutes.

New guy: Ok... thank you.


I had a good laugh after that. I figured that he must have switched off the washing machine by himself thinking that 48s have passed. Nicely done!

0 comments: