Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Update

Just an update for those who are still visiting this blog despite its recent inactivity

I have been interning at DSTA since the exams ended and after my KL trip in Dec and will be ending my stint here on March 20.

Then the next question would be: 'How about ur semester in NUS?'
Ans: Unless you dunno me personally or we haven't been in contact for years, I will be leaving for Germany for my exchange on 24 March (for some: finally... after talking abt it for so long), tentatively be back on 8 Aug.

Up to this point many would be asking:'Huh... why so late? When is ur term starting?'
Ans: The summer semester in Munich starts on 20 April til 25 July while orientation starts on 5 April. I am going for a short tour first before school starts, most probably Spain (25 Mar-2 Apr) and then Belgium-Netherlands (7 Apr-17 Apr).

For those who would like to spend a nice holiday in Europe are most welcomed to visit me in Munich. FYI, flights can cost about 1.3k (return but with transit) or lower depending where you fly to and hostels in Europe generally cost about 10-20 euros (eastern/western europe) ~ 20-40 S$. So if you work it out, you can generally tour Europe pretty comfortably with a budget of S$2k, enough to last you about 1 week. After doing my sums from information online, I am estimating my 8 days 4 cities to cost about S$1k all inclusive where about S$300 is for my return flight Munich-Barcelona.

So the old tip applies: Plan and book early and watch out for promotions (some exchange students are flying SIN-Frankfurt for S$998 only, Qantas promotions)

0 comments: