Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthdays surprises

During the tough military trainings, the only occasion worth celebrating(at all) would be people's birthdays. It provides us with a chance to experience life, normal life in the harsh conditions in camp trainings. So normally these goes out in a bang.


Birthday Surprise 1
Victim: LTA(NS) Yap Weihao aka Mr 13
Location: Somewhere in Taiwan

The Plan:
This surprise was hatched almost the moment we reached camp in Taiwan, his best pal Nat had already informed everyone about the plan. Everyone were roped in, including the instructors. It happened the night before the live firing were to commence. Instructors who went back to camp to bathe drop by to purchase nice food for the party, stuff like Chicken Cutlets, spicy tofu and a big birthday cake. Then as everyone gathered to rehearse the sequence for live firing(dangerous leh) everyone surrounded weihao as the food stuff and cake were unloaded. There wasn't a need actually since he was already in a daze with lack of sleep. Seeing this, LTA Heng our instructor saw an opportunity and started scolding him for not paying attention(you shld look at weihao's face) then all of a sudden 'Happy Birthday to You'..... To be honest most of us were already feeling low morale at that time, cold weather, lousy food, lack of sleep, daily rantings. That party boosted our morale tremendously.

Birthday Boy Yap on the left
Food courtesy of Yap's Bday.

Birthday Surprise 2
Victim: LTA(NS) Chua Hanxiang
Location: Somewhere in Singapore

The Plan:
Someone noticed hanxiang's Bday from his 11B(military IC), so planned this really impromptu surprise for him. The chance came when he went to bathe, alone. The entire room jumped into action, removing everything from his cupboard(refer to pic below) including his bedsheets and pillow case. Then someone went to call him to fall in, meaning to gather while he's bathing. He quickly came out and went to his cupboard shocked to find everything gone. That's when everyone started bursting out in laughter. For the record, we didn't help him put his stuff back, haha.
Moving out

All clear


Birthday Surprise 3
Victim: 2LT(NS) Wang Changxiong (Yes, its me, I fell for it too!)
Location: Somewhere in Singapore

The Plan:
Ok, from what I've gathered is that, someone saw my D.O.B from my 11B. But it was already over at that time so they had a belated one for me. I completely had no idea they planned something behind my back. We went to our sand model room for debriefing for the day, reading the routine orders for the day. It was a really weird routine order, it said something about a thief stealing something on this particular day(my birthday) and it was something really serious. Then they faked a call and told me my Commanding officer wants to see me and another person now(at 10pm). So we went out with me totally muddled with what's going on. My friend was all-smiles already(I didn't know why at that time). Then before we even went up the stairs, they called me back. When I entered the room, it was pitch black with candles on chocolate cup cakes. That's all they could get in camp, but it was real sweet of them to do this. No photos for this one.


I was reminded of this becoz of a surprise party someone is throwing this sat and I'm invited to be part of it. I shan't say who, in case this person is reading this, though I think that is 99.9% impossible but just in case!

0 comments: