Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer

When I first arrived in Munich, it was snowing, the trees were bare and there wasn't much greenery in the city. Spring came and filled the city with greenery. Flowers shed their petals amid the breeze like snow. Now spring is leaving, the flowers developed into fruits as the season enters into summer. I realised that my backyard has a cherry tree when I saw the little red fruit on the tree and the ground below. You know summer is here when mosquitoes bigger than 50 sg cents appear out of nowhere. Yeap, they are THAT big here in Europe. Another hint that summer is here is when you see people sunbathing nude in the Englischer garden. Europe is always full of surprises!



Someone once said that there are 2 groups of people in the Literature world, those who have read the Lord of the Rings and those who will read it. I belong to the former with the trilogy lying in my room in Singapore now but I wished they were here with me in Munich right now.

I have heard from other people saying the LOTR is a boring book with excessive description of the environment and surroundings. Description, yes.... excessive, I don't think so. I felt that it was ok and a pretty good read for someone who hardly does. So do take a browse if you have the chance, you will be surprised.

It is said that 'The Hobbit' is coming soon on the big screen, it largely revolves around Frodo's uncle, Bilbo Baggins. It will talk about how Bilbo got the Ring from Smeagol and the most interesting part would probably be the Battle of Five Armies. It should be more interesting watching it than reading it though.

0 comments: